If you want to get the best results, you need to follow a strict workout plan for weight loss. Working out isn’t just about sweating, lifting things up, and doing crunches. It’s about following a comprehensive routine designed to help you reach your fitness goals. If you want to lose weight fast, then read on, and follow this workout regimen below!
How to Get Fit: Workout Plan for Weight Loss
Step 1: Burpees
Burpees are great full-body exercises designed to blast fat fast. Everyone from high school football teams to elite military forces do burpees regularly to train for strength and endurance. The key to doing burpees is to do every movement as fast and explosive as possible.
- Go down to a squat position and place your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back to assume a push-up position.
- Immediately pull your feet back up to a squat position.
- From a squat position, jump as high as possible.
- Do 30 reps of these as fast as you can.
Step 2: Mountain Climbers
After the burpees, take a 10-second rest then proceed with the mountain climbers. Mountain climbers seem like an easy exercise. However, they’re actually a full-body workout that raises your heartbeat, tests your strength, and boosts your endurance.
- Assume a push-up position with your feet extended.
- Pull your right knee to your right chest.
- As you push back your right leg, pull your left leg close to your chest. This counts as one rep.
- Do 30 reps as fast as you can. Imagine that you’re doing a sprint on a steep mountain trail.
Step 3: Squat Jumps
Take a 10-second rest after the mountain climbers. Up next is the squat jump. By this time your heart rate should already be beating fast and your blood should be pumping. At this point of your routine, doing squat jumps will further target your legs while allowing your heart rate to drop down a bit.
- Stand with your knees slightly bent and feet shoulder width apart.
- Lower your body by bending at the knees.
- Once your hamstrings touch your calves, jump as high as you can from that position.
- Do 30 reps of these.
Step 4: Crunches
As we’re nearing the end of our routine, it’s time to do some crunches. Doing crunches is a great way to exercise your ab muscles.
- Lie down on the floor with your knees bent.
- Put your hands behind your head.
- Lift your upper torso by crunching your abdomen.
- Do 30 reps of these.
Step 5: Plank
To cap off this workout plan for weight loss, it’s time to do some planks. This is an exercise designed to strengthen your core. There’s no better way to end this workout than with a few seconds of planking.
- Assume a push-up position but instead of using your hands, use your forearms.
- Maintain the position for about 30 seconds.
Step 6: Repeat
After the routine, rest for a few minutes then repeat steps one to five. Do the routine as many times as you can.
Looking for an alternative workout plan for weight loss? Check out our full-body workout:
This is just a sample workout plan for weight loss. You can customize and personalize the routine to suit your goals. At the end of the day, what matters is you do these fat-burning exercises done, no excuses. Take the first step you need to achieve your fitness goals today!
What’s your workout plan for weight loss? Share it with us in the comments section below!
Up Next: Best Cardio Workouts For Women That Will Keep Your Metabolism Pumping
Let Us Know What You Think